Honda BF2.3 Outboard Motor
Enquire About This Product
Honda BF2.3 Outboard Motor
Not only does the BF2.3 pack enough punch to push a boat out to sea, it's light enough to be carried back to the car! Thanks to the ergonomic carry handle fitted to each engine, the BF2.3 can be taken virtually anywhere.
Despite the engine's size, the BF2.3 boasts all the benefits of Honda's advanced four-stroke technology, which is second to none.
The BF2.3 is the lightest 2.3hp four-stroke available - even lighter than most two-stroke outboards!
- CENTRIFUGAL CLUTCH - The Honda BF2.3 comes standard with a centrifugal clutch. As a result, the engine is able to maintain a smooth idle and automatically engage the prop above idle speed when the throttle is advanced. It’s like having a neutral position.
- TWIST GRIP THROTTLE - A twist grip throttle also allows for precise throttle control, and the throttle tensioner minimises driver fatigue.
- LIGHTWEIGHT/COMPACT DESIGN -The ease of transporting the BF2.3 makes it perfect for inflatable boats like the Honwave, as well as small tenders and canoes.
- EXCELLENT MANOEUVRABILITY - The engine provides excellent manoeuvrability in tight areas. There's more reverse thrust, meaning you can get to where you want to go faster!
- SHALLOW WATER DRIVE - The BF2.3's Shallow Water Drive also allows you to run in shallow water and greatly reduces the risk of engine damage.
- TRANSISTOR IGNITION - Maintenance-free, high-energy output for quick and easy starts.
- FORCED AIR-COOLED ENGINE - No water pump to worry about being plugged with weeds or damaged by sand. Runs in the shallows!
- FRONT MOUNT CARRYING HANDLE - Provides superior portability and ease of installation.
- CORROSION PROTECTION SYSTEM - A patented, 'double sealed' multi-layered paint process. Sacrificial anodes and stainless steel technology, along with waterproof connectors, all enhance corrosion protection.
- STEERING FRICTION ADJUSTMENT - Adjust steering tension for ease in manoeuvrability.
- INTEGRAL FUEL TANK - A 1L integral fuel tank facilitates easy removal and portability as one unit. The vent is able to be closed during transport or for extended storage periods. The engine can run for up to 55 minutes at full throttle on a tank of fuel.
- TYPE - 4-stroke OHV 1-cylinder / 2-valves
- DISPLACEMENT- 57cc
- BORE & STROKE - 45 x 36 mm
- FULL THROTTLE RPM RANGE - 5,000-6,000 RPM
- RATED POWER - 2.3HP @ 5,500 RPM
- COOLING SYSTEM - Forced air
- INDUCTION - 1 carburettor
- IGNITION SYSTEM - Transistorised Pointless
- STARTING SYSTEM - Recoil
- EXHAUST - Under water, above propeller
- ALTERNATOR - n/a
- POWER TRIM & TILT - n/a
- GAS-ASSISTED TILT - n/a
- TRIM RANGE - 4-stage 5 ° - 10 ° - 15 ° - 20 °
- TILT RANGE - 75°
- EMERGENCY STOP SWITCH - Standard -
- OIL PRESSURE ALERT - n/a
- TEMPERATURE ALERT -n/a
- REV-LIMITER -n/a
- SPEEDOMETER PICKUP - n/a
- GEAR RATIO - 2.42:1
- GEAR SHIFT - 360° pivot
- PROPELLER - 3-blade plastic
- DIAMETER X PITCH (S-TYPE) - 7-1/4 x 4-3/4 inches
- DIAMETER X PITCH (L-TYPE) - 7-1/4 x 4-3/4 inches
- DIAMETER X PITCH (X-TYPE) - n/a
- OVERALL LENGTH - 410mm
- OVERALL WIDTH - 280mm
- OVERALL HEIGHT (S-TYPE) -945mm
- OVERALL HEIGHT (L-TYPE) - 1,100mm
- OVERALL HEIGHT (X-TYPE) - n/a
- TRANSOM HEIGHT (S-TYPE) - 418mm
- TRANSOM HEIGHT (L-TYPE) - 571mm
- TRANSOM HEIGHT (X-TYPE) - n/a
- DRY WEIGHTS (S-TYPE) -12.2kg
- DRY WEIGHTS (L-TYPE) -12.7kg
- DRY WEIGHTS (X-TYPE) - n/a
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Suncity Motorcycles users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.